Bass Fishing

bassjnkie

I mention a few time about the bass pond I like to fish starting April. It's not a secret location, so I will tell you all a little about it. The name is The Ponds, it is located on the corner of HWY 48 and Queensville SR. There are 2 trout ponds where fish can be caught from 1Lb to 12Lbs, it is not catch and release, the fish is paid per pound, at a great price. Now to the bass ponds, are catch and release only, at a low fee per day, there are 2 ponds that are not attached, with largemouth bass, any where from 1/4Lb up to 6Lbs, but average for us was 3.5Lb. The nice thing is you have to work the pond, stalk them etc... Some days we would catch 30, the next day 5, there is no guarantee. The bass in the ponds are not from lakes, they are hatchery bass. The number one baits are Senkos, crankbaits, tubes, spinners and rage frogs. The one thing the owner asks is not to bother the bedding bass in spawn season.

Every year they have a police charity for kid, and Bob Izumi is there helping the kids catch fish, answering questions, signing autographs ect...

Again the name of the place is The Ponds, located at the corner of HWY 48 and Queensville, in Keswick. When it opens for the season I will let everyone know.

Note: The ponds are not connected to an body of water, stream, creek, flood plane etc... Oh, one more thing a license is not required. This is just a review for a good friend.

Enjoy.

I'm interested, sounds like a good place to introduce people to fishing. Do you have a link to the site? I couldn't google it.

Here is the exact info:

Ponds The Fishing Preserve

5206 Queensville Sd, Mount Albert, ON L0G 1M0

Here is the Google link with pics:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11820145