newfoundland brookies (team 8)

bigredfisher

sorry they are small but i fianally got out and these fish were in a pond just off the main highway. You can go to any pond and it is pretty much stacked with these little guys. Any ideas on how they get there, like i mean its pond after pond filled with these guys. Oh and you can knock of stoking, rivers flowing into the ponds, no link between ponds, and there are soo many ponds like i mean that the 1 pond we were fishing, there were about 4 or 5 others. and that is only a small part that we were in. for the drive there, i counted about 1 pond for every 10 secs. oh and i saw that they are feeding on eack other(found a little brookie in the stomach of one). this i find to be weird is this normal in a fishery

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

this is one of the ponds we were on

DSC01892.jpg

another pond(different)

DSC01893.jpg

another

DSC01894.jpg

this is the little one off the main highway(stacked with brookies) and tiy, very tiny

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

hope you enjoy, the fishing is great here (not very big brown trout are bigger here) but you can go from pond to pond and be sure to catch fish. I just really want to understand this system here. Not sure how they get there lol

I have fished those same ponds for years. How long are you going to be down there. I can give you some nice areas close to Town that have some bigger ones and probally hook you up with my friends to go for some sea trout. I may be down there in a few weeks for the Trout run. These trout are natural and you would be surprised but that pond pictured in your pics does have a river(Gutter as they call then down there) No stocking just proper fishing and clean,clear,water and air for them to breed and not alot of people fish them.

Edited by smalliefisher