New Baptiste Lake Fishing Apprentice

GeorgeJ

Just wanted to say hi and relate how glad I am to have found a very active Ontario fishing forum. I've always loved the feel of a fish at the end of a fishing rod but haven't had much time for it. I'm going to start making more time for it, I will be focusing on Baptiste Lake primarily, I did a forum search on Baptiste and have already come up with some suggested " honey holes" but I'm all ears! Hopefully some more tips will come in.

Welcome to George. This is a fine place to visit, ask yer queries, boast a little too, from time to time. We're Canadian after all. Make yourself comfortable, look there's a nice comfy chair right behind you. There's a cool one in the cooler jes waiting.

Well to be perfectly honest I will be happy to catch any fish of a decent size.But if I could be a bit choosie I know I like eating perch, its been a while since I had bass but remember it to be good too. I don't think I have ever had pike to eat but have read that it is quite good. Whatever the first legal fish I catch out of Baptiste will be a thrill to cook up and eat, I can hardly wait.

Welcome George,

Have you bought a cottage on Baptiste, or is that as far as the car gets before running out of gas?

If you use the search feature on this forum you may find some interesting things on Baptiste.

Jim

You are right there is a good amount of information on Baptiste here, I know there is only so much you can learn reading but it lays a great foundation to get started, believe me when I say I'm an apprentice fisherman. As far as Baptiste being my main fishing whole is because I bought 3.5 acres on the south Baptiste lake road just about across from the little public boat ramp where the cosway starts. I plan on retiring up there in the next few years and building a little place. I fell in love with Bancroft a few years ago while up on an ATV trip. Anyone here in the neighborhood?