Creature Baits Vs. Crawdad's

rbaquial

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just wanted to ask a few questions regarding CREATURE BAITS VS. CRAWS?

* What's your opinion on them?

* Do you find one produces more over the other?

* Which one do you prefer?

* What type of fishing line is best to use with the CREATURE BAIT? (IE: Flouro, Mono, Braid)

* What lb.# test is good to use?

* Can you rig these with BASS JIGS? ( FOUND HERE ) Or... are they better left "as is" on a WIDE GAP HOOK?

FINALLY...

* What is recommended to rig these CREATURE BAITS?

PS: I would assume best places to throw this bait would be around rocks & cover? (basically anywhere, where you'd find a small insect hiding?) Can anyone elaborate on this if I am wrong?

Thanks Guys!

Rob

IMHO, put either one in front of a hungry fish and they will produce. I put all those plastics - hula grubs, craws, creatures, beavers, otters - in the same category. Fish them either on a bass jig, or T-rigged on a wide gap hook. I would use them to target fish holding to cover or structure.

plastic crawfish are usually seen rigged as a trailer on a bass jig, I have also fished them on a plain jig head in rocky area for smallies when I am looking for a smaller profile bait.

Creature baits are more or less a flipping and pitching lure, rigged Texas style. Them and the craw have their uses, but most of the time it`s a worm or lizard for me, usually if you throw a worm or lizard in front of a bass it will take it, same with a tube.

No particular line test for me, although I do try to fish heavier line in junk, usually 17-20 pound Stren mono. Unusual for me to use less than 10# test anyway expect in open water.Hardly ever used braid or floro.

3/0 - 5/0 widegap hook, mustad ewg works for me. Texas style and usually pegged with a rubber peg.

Although cover can be a feeding spot I believe it is more often used as an ambush point, safety zone.

Opinion? Doesn`t hurt to carry some if a different look is needed to provoke a strike, not something to get carried away on.

alot of different ways to rig most soft plastics and at times it doesn`t hurt to experiment.