BOQ and BOG report

sash

January 11, 2009

Well we decided to shift our focus to walleyes and put the perchin on hold as the season suggests. What better way to start with a trip for trophy eyes' then with a guide, well the call was placed and the arrangements were made and by bringing my girlfriend a special sunday fishing day was arranged.

We met hawg hunter and fellow guide bill at the timmies and picked up bait and headed out on the cold atv ride to the fishing grounds.. hawg hunter set us up first on the ice and drilled our holes and showed us how to jig and went to retrieve bill .. we were jigging away and marking fish.. but could not get them to bite. we heard the atv about 5 minutes later and bill was knocking on our portable hut in no time, to drag my girlfriend to his hole where he had already pulled out two 'eyes' .. hawg hunter seemed to be moving around trying to find the fish, while bill stayed with us and proved there were fish under us by pulling out 2 more 'eyes' throughout the day... he was persistent in showing my girlfriend how to properly jig a spoon to attract and trigger the walleyes.. she had a few bites but was unable to seal the deal.. i however managed to land my first walleye of the day just a bit after sundown, followed by a jumbo perch minutes later..

As the guides loaded with these fish, to help reach our limit..

p_00017-1.jpg

You could tell they really wanted to help my girlfriend catch her very first walleye.. and they did ......

January 31, 2009

Headed out to my uncle's place on Lake Scugog for an afternoon fish, a night's accomodation, and a morning bite. Dropped off my grandmother to spend time with her son.. as my girlfriend and I headed out on the ice for about 2 pm.. Tough conditions for walking and drilling, but made it past the huts, and got our holes down and the hut set up.. started off by catching a bunch of dinkie perch, and thought this is where the walleye would come to feed for an evening bite.. sat in the hut and was marking the time and jigging away as the sun was setting.. i tell ya if my girlfriend wasn't so cute i would of thought that was bill jigging beside me... cause i've seen him land fish.. and the results were the same....here's the vid

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/s...nt=3baca618.pbr

Edited by al lee

:thumbsup_anim:

very glad you folks had a good time,we always try and help out when we here some one has not iced an eye through the ice,and when you told us you'd love it if Kit iced one ,we were on a mission to make that dream come true.

im always looking for more eyes,we knew they were there so i was not concered with iceing any just went to spots were ive got them the day before,never know the whole school could have been at one of those 5 spots i tried...

i think you should hang onto her ive never seen too many ladies sit at a hole that long and jig her arm off :clapping:

i think my bud has created a walleye catching machine :thumbsup_anim: ,you will now be out fished every time you go :wallbash: ,thats why i leave my wife at home :clapping: ......got tired of being showed up :thumbsup_anim:

so Kit whens the school of how to jig for quinte walleye starting up :clapping: ,im thinking $75.00 per person min 10 :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :clapping:

taker easy and the eyes are starting to hit very well at the moment,hope to see ya again

Hawg Hunter

Edited by Hawg Hunter