Hummingbird flashers opinions?

tinbanger

I have a 35, its great. HUGE display, anywhere zoom, 9 and 19deg cone, onboard battery charge indicator. All the features of a vexilar, then some. Head to head against an FL8, no difference in sensitivity what so ever. And they also dont interfere with eachother.

You really just need to look at all the units on the market, decide what features you want, and how much you want to pay for them. I wanted dual beam, so all the extra features and pricetag were a bonus.

I thought about buying a flasher few days ago, but realize my Humminbird 535 portable can be just as affective on ice! (that is after i did some minor adjustment on the transducer cable)

I honestly don't see what is the biggest advantage Flasher has over LCD portable sonars. (freezing LCD?)

My 535 was just around the 200 mark when I bought it, I can list so many advantages of my system over flasher, but if its old technology you desire, get the 55 :D Only less than a hundred more than 45, come with soft case, 6 colour, best transducer, etc.