Looking for a heads up

Beans

I was up there last week, Ice on Brooks bay was 12-14 in, Very easy to walk out if you follow the snowmobile trails from Forest Glen, there has been a bit of snow since I was up but I imagine it's still in good shape. Most of the Crappies are being caught suspended in 22 to 26 feet of water. Grab some minnows at Stone's (Hwy 28) and you shoud be in Buisness. There is alot of pressure there on the weekends, so if I ways heading up I would try to get on for the early bite or hang around until dusk.

Good Luck

Clarence

:Gonefishing:Well, Beansie, Cliff & I hit beautiful Lake 'X' way y y y y out east & north of the civilized world at about 06:30. Crappyperchhunter did his punishment yesterday at Sibbalds, he didn't wish to suffer further! Other than a few small things, like . . . a foot of snow on top of 6" of slop, a cold wind about 20 klicks, and the cold front shutting the fish right down, we had the time of our lives! Cliff's in love . . . with his new FL8SE . . . now he can find the fish suspended about 15' off bottom . . . still hasn't fingered out how to get 'em to bite. (You need an FL20 to get THAT feature!) Although I quite like the new FL20 Ultra, it AIN'T worth $250.00 more than the FL8SE . . . a few more useful features, but you don't really need 'em. I'd say the FL8SE is much better bang for the buck. Score . . . I got 2 - 5" perch . . . Cliff got a 10" crappie . . . and Beansie gave it his best, but decided he wouldn't want to hurt the poor l'il fishies, and fished without a hook. I can hardly wait for another go at 'em! :stretcher: