2005 GMC Jimmy

rowingsunny

Hello Everyone,

I have an 05 Jimmy and my differential lock up computer is shot on the stupid thing. It is a little computer that is located on the passenger side just in front of the door and it engages the 4x4. For me to order a new one from GM I am looking at $1000. I am trying to locate a used one but with no luck as of yet. Since mine is the last year they were in production it has to be certain part number. That part # is 12577412. I have tried all the wreckers in the niagara region, do you guys know of other wreckers I could try or maybe another solution.

Much appreciated,

Sunny

Edited by rowingsunny

I brought my truck into a mechanic and he diagnosed the problem for me. They initially thought it was just a cable that initiates the front tires and it would have been a $100 repair but when he looked into it further he found out it was the transfer case module. Which is apparently a common problem.

I just went onto ebay and was able to find brand new one from the states for $244.00 CDN, that is cheaper than what the wreckers were charging $250 CDN but they didn't have the correct product number. So thank you very much marty5898 your suggestion helped a whole lot!! Now I will have 4X4 once again!!

Cheers,

Sunny