Simcoe this weekend

12footspringbok

Headed out yesterday morning by myself couldn't convince anyone to come out with me, what do i expcect when its supposed to only reach a hight of -18 for the day. Had good intention to head out to the laker/whitie grounds but after dragging the hut for a few minutes i decided i'd cut the walk short and try in shallower for some perch. Started in 40 fow and didn't mark a thing. Moved about 100 yards and punched a few holes ended up being 28 fow. Caught a few small perch right away so i set the hut up and continued fishing. Small schools moved in and out all morning. The action was pretty slow but every fifteen twenty minutes i would hit a few perch. I was not dissapointed though because quality definatly made up for quantity. Ended up catching about 30 - 40 perch and kept 17. Ten of the perch i caught were 12"+ and i caught one monster that had to be 14" released her quickly to hopefully spawn in the spring and make some more jumbo perch!

Headed back out to the same spot this morning. Didn't catch quite as many as yesterday but the size was definatly still there.

ice_cabin.jpg

fish_finder.jpg

large_perch.jpg