From Grouse Mountain....

brandon

All of southwestern BC is covered with a low lying cloud right now and has been for the last couple days. This in turn has created an inversion layer and what this means is that the mountain peaks are a lot warmer than at sea level. Today at the top of Grouse Mountain (1100m above Vancouver) it was 14 degrees.....Vancouver got to about 5 degrees......so it's quite a difference. Anyways I've been snowboarding on Grouse these last few nights and the view is very cool when your looking down on the clouds.......so instead of my snowboard, I brought my camera tonight......

here are the clouds I'm talking about

005editresize.jpg

The sunset photos didn't turn out as well as I was hoping so tonight I went and bought a gradual neutral density filter so I'll try and make the pics work tomorrow......there was just too much contrast difference between the white clouds, the dark mountains, and the orange sky......but I did take some photos of "The Lions" which are west of Grouse Mountain.....

This first one is an HDR gone overboard.......but I like the "artsy" feel it has

030_2_tonemappedresize.jpg

These next 2 are of The Lions themselves......one in colour, one in B+W

068editresize.jpg

068editbwresize.jpg

hopefully more to come in the next few days........