Advice on Float Reel

FLEX ROD

i just retired my StreamRunner last year served me 15 years .....picked up a Sheffield at a moderate price 250ish...honestly i dont have ANY complaints works great in cold and start up is instant...the only reason i retired the StreamRunner was this particular reel had a leather crest on the backside of it and it was beginning to peel off from years of weathering ...great unit though ...

The price of the reel does NOT make a fisherman !!!!....although so many Boe Boes seem to think so ...i would suggest you borrow or buy moderate to see if you even like the technique ( it isnt for everyone) but once you have mastered pins youll love it !!!

Good luck on your choice

i wish i had a video for every new fishermans first hook up on a pin....can be some pretty funny footage...

Islander hands down is the best bang for your buck. Built like a rock and spins as smooth as silk. It was my first float reel and I still use it steady to this day. The Raven SST3 is another option. Very smooth and light like a feather. Only problem though is that I don’t see it being very sturdy. Bass Pro carries the Raven SST3 for $279.99, which is a very reasonable price for that reel. An Islander is going to run you anywhere between $300-$350, but they are well worth the money. Hope this helps.