Buckshot Spoons for Lakers and Specks

Eazy

Just wondering how these would work for Lakers or Specks? I thought they'd have about the same action as the old faithful Swedish Pimple, but have the advantage of a rattle chamber!

Anyone with any past experiences or opinions? Drop a Line!

The buckshots work well for any species. In fact last year on Nipissing I saw the biggest pike I've ever seen up close, get caught on a medium sized buckshot. They will work for lakers, specks and splake.

If you are going up to the haliburton area, also try a blue fox rattle flash. Splake love 'em, specks love 'em, and even the smaller sized lakers that are typical of the area, love 'em. Walleye will take 'em good too when the bite is negative.

They definatly work, but have a much different action then the pimple. get one, and play a little. You will see what i mean.

smbhunter, what colours do you find are best in the rattle flash?

-R-

Edited by Ramble On

smbhunter, what colours do you find are best in the rattle flash?

I have the best luck on the silver/blue, or the gold/orange. I will vary the size between the small one and the large one. Walleye will take both, specks prefer the smaller one and the lakers prefer the larger one. Everyday is different though, so try to vary sizes and colours for any species, I've caught each species on both sizes and both colours, even on the same day a couple times.