Will it work?

bassjnkie

Auto set tip up. Check out vid and let me know if it would work. This works in my shop, you can make so sensetive that you touch the line it goes off, and vise versa. Click image

EDIT: Can figure out the vid thing. Here is a pic

100_0373.jpg

Edited by bassjnkie

I saw something like that 30 years ago.

The problem is, it rips the bait out of the fishs mouth (everytime).

Hate to sound negative. But you'll see what I mean once you try it.

Maybe you could use one of them slide on rubber stoppers used on slip floats on the line.

So that, when the fish peels off say 4-5 feet of line while it swims away, the slip float rubber stopper trips your mechanism and sets the hook.

Just an idear. ;)

Edited by Clampet

hhmmmmmm :blink:<_< looks very interesting let us know how it works...if you can adjust it so it doesnt rip it out of the fishes mouth maybe you dont have to bend the rod as much right...well i hope it works well for you. now get out there and try it out for us...then you can get the patent for it/....

Ok.

Modify it so that if a fish takes the bait, the drag mechanism is set so light as to not be noticeable to the fish, and pays out line without freespooling. That means, the bait doesn't freefall to the bottom, or pull down on the fishs' mouth.

Next, the fish should be allowed to swim away for a bit, to allow it to have the bait well in it's mouth, b4 the tip up sets the hook.

If you can accomplish this, you might have something there.

Edited by Clampet