daniels ark , bolton

waterwolf

this private reservoir had a great fishery to offer the paying public. ive caught bows at 20in. , specks 14in , perch 11in. browns 12in. there have been larger fish of each species caught in this small spring-fed lake that has it's own ,wild minnows reproducing naturally. there are also walleye in the deeper areas in the center [so i'm told] . brought my 10 yr. old daughter out for the day , [6 years ago] we had a blast. great place to take a young one ,, even have huts to rent or bring your own in you like. we got bit none stop for a couple of hours on our first day ,now we're hooked. $30 enrty, 5 trout [any combination]20 perch ,i forget the wally limit . pricy , but it was 2 minutes from the house at the time, no gas , no travel time and pretty much guaranteed fish for young fisherman.

summer in the sports pal was a good time as well. the bows couldn't resist a blue ,blue fox with silver blade. beautiful ,quiet,,you forgot how close you were to a town center.

i haven't been back since the summer of '05 and i'm just wondering how the fishing is and if the wolves and other wildlife are still living under daniel's care.

fissshy.jpg

fisshy2.jpg

Edited by waterwolf

I could write about the whole story of Daniel's Ark, worked there for 2 years, but I don't think it's my place to say anything. It is shut down though, which is very unfortunate, but on the bright side it was the best 2 years of my life. I learned so much from being there and had a great time while doing it. Met some incredible people there as well, even a couple guys that I work with now.

It's a shame the place isn't open any more.

I brought the family there maybe 10 years ago for some icefishing.

Fishing was so-so, but we did have an amazing experience.

At the time the washrooms were inside the house/main building.

I brought my kids in to use the can and were greeted by 3 big playful kittens.

kids loved playing with 'em, turns out they were baby cougars...absolutely awesome experience.

Guest gbfisher
I could write about the whole story of Daniel's Ark, worked there for 2 years, but I don't think it's my place to say anything. It is shut down though, which is very unfortunate, but on the bright side it was the best 2 years of my life. I learned so much from being there and had a great time while doing it. Met some incredible people there as well, even a couple guys that I work with now.

It's a shame the place isn't open any more.

Can't tell from your picture but....were you the kid who was bitten on the back by the baby cougar? Nasty little critter...... <_<

Good old Dan had lots of ideas, it's to bad about the rest. Wonder what ever happened to Zambooka. She was an amazing PET..... :rolleyes:

Sad story all around.