todays walleye bite and ice conditions and who am I

skevys

To answer all your questions of who am I without getting in problems with the board I did a introduction a while back and if you look it up it describes me 100%. I'll try to pm you but as busy as I am at this time it may be a-while. All I will say at this time is that I am a atticted fisherman (12 months a year) and that is all I do and have for over 40 years.

I have had a lot of questions to-day about ice conditions and I again will try to get the message out but before I do I will mention that I am no ice expert I have no degree what so ever about ice. The only info that I can give you is based on what I and a lot of fellows that are experienced on the ice. We have 5 inches and more of hard good ice in the protected areas. The guys and gals are now using their atv’s on these area’s but they are not going out of these area’s at this time. The middle of the bay is not safe to cross. Yes we have ice all the way across but it is no way safe or recommended for these types of vehicles. I won’t even walk across. (common sense dictates that to me.) There are people attempting this crossing and turning around and coming back after they check it.

I could care less what any-one is saying about the current area’s with the flow we have coming down the bay at this time it is NOT SAFE AS OF YET. Give it a little more time and we all will be rocking. The walleye are hitting so good at this time in all area’s that there is no reason to be in any type of current area’s. One fellow that came in-to the store was telling me that they were out at a point that has current and had good ice out there BUT they had to cross THIN ICE to get to it. (Kind of dangerous if you ask me.)

One thing I really want to ask is if you make a big hole and leave please take and mark it. I use a red flag on a stick to let every-one know. We had an incident the other day that was little scary. Some-one made a huge hole and did not mark it, the next morning a fellow was walking out and broke through and fell in up to his waist. He managed okay but was not a very happy camper. He did take the time and marked it himself.

The fish are biting real well at this time so be safe use common sense and have fun and I’ll maybe see you out there on Sunday when I go out.

Have fun, be safe and bring back everything you went with. ……Ron