SpiderWire ULTRACAST INVISI-BRAID - Does this stuff REALLY WORK?!

rbaquial

Hey Folks,

I've used VANISH and other FLOUROCARBON lines, but then came across SPIDERWIRE's ULTRACAST INVISI-BRAID at BPS that is BRAID; Immediately thought, WHAT?! My 1st impressions were - "How can this stuff be invisible underwater, its not 'Clear' ...its 'White'? ... Can anyone attest to this product? I really like the idea of INVISIBLE BRAID, but the fact its not 'CLEAR' kinda makes me skeptical. PLEASE! I need peoples INPUT! :D

Here's the link to their product:

http://www.spiderwire.com/prod.php?k=74406...&u=SUIB-125

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by Addikted2Fishin

It's certainly not invisible, but neither is Vanish. It's a good braid, but I prefer Power Pro.

Actually found the red Power Pro to be difficult to tie in lower light conditions,

the line kinda 'disappeared' compared to mono.

It's only line. Put the lure infront of a hungry fish and you could be using rope and it wouldn't make much of a difference..

:)

Visibility under the water isn't really a concern, I worry more about knot strength and the ability to get out giant birds nests :) :)

Edited by BillM

Well, I know its not COMPLETELY invisible, it only SEEMS invisible because of the light refraction - but what I'm asking is, does that stuff work as great as VANISH, POWER-PRO ETC?.....

OK...I don't like it as well as PowerPro. I don't think it handles as well and seems a little more finicky for knots. I would take it over Vanish any day, but I am not a Vanish fan. I can't think of one advantage Vanish has over line costing far less.