Long Point Bay Ice Report...

Long story short, yesterday we had a minor flood in my laundry room due to a malfunction with our sump pump, my daughter was sick and messed up her blankets so her bed set was on the floor along with a good solid 10 loads of laundry because our washing machine broke last week! lol :wallbash:

So we had to load all the clothes, blankets and pillow's into garbage bags and head down the road to my wife's grandmother's place to do laundry all day. Lucky for me she lives right on the bay! :thumbsup_anim: So I had to bring my new toys down to the lake and test out the ice conditions. It's only my second season ice fishing and was my first time on the bay in the winter so I started at a dock, drilled a hole and was stoked to find a good solid 7-8 inches of good ice.

IMG_3823.jpg

I tried fishing from 3' of water at the dock to the deepest spot I could find in the channels which was about 6' NOTHIN! haha But my new-to-me graph worked GREAT, marking my jig and everything.

IMG_3824.jpg

So, I walked and walked and walked out into the bay, drilling holes everywhere...

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

Didn't get so much as a sniff, but It was nice to test out my new toys for a couple hours and to just hit the ice again. To top it all off I had the ENTIRE bay to myself. Not another person in sight! The Ice was very good, thinning out to about 4 inches of good solid ice a KM or so out. But I imagine last nights rain and today's temps will take a tole on it.

Back to work for me! Good luck out there and play safe.

Cheers,

UF

Too bad no fish, and I can relate on the washing machine. Mine decided not to spin(it tried) or drain last Tuesday night. Off to Canadian Tire for a wetvac after work Wednesday to drain it(fortunately I only had a 1/3 load it in :clapping: ).

I have been working on it since Thursday, found the pump quite clogged up with debris over the years, its really old. Its amazing now many small stones came out of it, :lol:.

The belt was squealing quite a bit 3 yrs. ago, so I bought a new one(the guy at the appliance store warned me how hard they are to replace, but I am good a mechanical things), but then it stopped squealing.

Now, I want to replace it also before putting the pump back on,but, I also want to find the engineer who designed this contraption, and kick him where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Good thing I am off until Jan. 2nd.

Too bad no fish, and I can relate on the washing machine. Mine decided not to spin(it tried) or drain last Tuesday night. Off to Canadian Tire for a wetvac after work Wednesday to drain it(fortunately I only had a 1/3 load it in :clapping: ).

I have been working on it since Thursday, found the pump quite clogged up with debris over the years, its really old. Its amazing now many small stones came out of it, :lol:.

The belt was squealing quite a bit 3 yrs. ago, so I bought a new one(the guy at the appliance store warned me how hard they are to replace, but I am good a mechanical things), but then it stopped squealing.

Now, I want to replace it also before putting the pump back on,but, I also want to find the engineer who designed this contraption, and kick him where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Good thing I am off until Jan. 2nd.

Hey tjsa - that sucks about your washer also, if it makes you feel any better we lost our power in the middle of the night saturday night and woke up to a completely flooded basement on sunday. There was 7-8 inches of water in the garage and 1 to 2 inches the rest of the house....floor's finished, dry-wall and baseboards are shot..yeehaaa