Leader

ciceri

i dont know if you guys have seen the sale on the 2 berkly ice rods at CT this week, but i picked it up. Came with a light action and a box of 4lbs micro ice, and the second rod is heavier and came with 6lbs to spool on to it.

Im wondering what i should use for a leader on the 6lbs, and how do you connect them and how long?

thanks

i would likely bumb that 6 up to a deccent 10-20 braid same diameter so no line loss on the spool and you never know when you may latch into a monster that wants to run as for the leader i always use the thinest diameter leaders that are a 5lb test higher than the line i use and make sure they have a good swivel at the top if your gonna jig a spoon!

personally i use spiderwire XXX its the stuff in the yellow box very supple even in the cold and takes a good beating! 110yds to a spool the 20 lb is an 8 lb diameter i believe and the 10 lb is a 2 lbs diameter i believe i would try the 20 and i think its even on at CT for 15$ a spool right now a good price for braid!

You may want to use fluro leaders, 12" long and use a uni to uni knot to connect them together.

Leechman

used to love the fluro leader uni-uni until i got bit off one day and go steel all the way now! personal opinion though 1 out of a few hundred isnt bad though! who knows i may end up with problems with a steel leader yet!

personally i use spiderwire XXX its the stuff in the yellow box very supple even in the cold and takes a good beating! 110yds to a spool the 20 lb is an 8 lb diameter i believe and the 10 lb is a 2 lbs diameter i believe i would try the 20 and i think its even on at CT for 15$ a spool right now a good price for braid!

okay, sounds like a plan.

what do you guys do for attaching lures? i got one of those jigging rapalas and some jigs today, do i just straight tie, or can i use a small swivel so i can switch up?

okay, sounds like a plan.

what do you guys do for attaching lures? i got one of those jigging rapalas and some jigs today, do i just straight tie, or can i use a small swivel so i can switch up?

i use a mustad 12" steel leader so it has a good swivle at the top and an easy to change slasp on the bottom

i use a mustad 12" steel leader so it has a good swivle at the top and an easy to change slasp on the bottom

All depends on what species is being targetted.... if pike is the targetted specie then I would go with steel leaders and would change that 6Lbs mono for some 20Lbs PP braid. all other species I'd go with fluro leaders uni to uni.

Jacques

All depends on what species is being targetted.... if pike is the targetted specie then I would go with steel leaders and would change that 6Lbs mono for some 20Lbs PP braid. all other species I'd go with fluro leaders uni to uni.

Jacques

good call jaques that is for when i'm fishing pike!!!! forgot to mention that!