Lac Leamy - Mini Perch Report

Leecher

yes jaques just the two and live minnows are not allowed in all lakes and personally think that dace are the only live minnows that should be allowed here as they dont disturb and eco system too much. how many lines are you allowed across the creek?

where abouts "up north" you and your son headin DONT GET CAUGHT?

Great report Leechman.Looks like fun!

My son and I are heading for north in Feb. for lakers.Can't wait.

Thanks DGC :thumbsup_anim:

Wish you and your son the best of luck :canadian:

I'll be keeping an eye out for your report :thumbsup_anim:

yes jaques just the two and live minnows are not allowed in all lakes and personally think that dace are the only live minnows that should be allowed here as they dont disturb and eco system too much. how many lines are you allowed across the creek?

where abouts "up north" you and your son headin DONT GET CAUGHT?

Here we are allowed 5 lines / tipups per permit and the only zone that we can use live minnows is 25.... the Ottawa river. All of the other creeks, lakes and rivers dead minnows only :(

That's OK.... just need a little elbow juice to keep the tipup jigging ;)

well lucky you!!!! i normally use salted minnows any how and only two lines!!! elbows must be hurting at the end of the day, although i have to say that Quebec does have a what i would say is a better fish and wildlife program than here especially wildlife and dont blame them for trying to keep it that way!

well lucky you!!!! i normally use salted minnows any how and only two lines!!! elbows must be hurting at the end of the day, although i have to say that Quebec does have a what i would say is a better fish and wildlife program than here especially wildlife and dont blame them for trying to keep it that way!

Matt, two lines is enough to handle..... heck today, was only able to set 3 of them and could not keep up :w00t: as the perch was on fire.... but a lot of hit and miss

There are some wildlife rules that are different in QC from Ont and can just don't understand why it shouldn't be all the same Canada wide

Matt, two lines is enough to handle..... heck today, was only able to set 3 of them and could not keep up :w00t: as the perch was on fire.... but a lot of hit and miss

There are some wildlife rules that are different in QC from Ont and can just don't understand why it shouldn't be all the same Canada wide

its the days when the bites slow that 5 would be nice! and as for why its not nationwide is because how do u reulate alberta deer numbers to quebec and so on and so forth but ontario is behind the ball on the wildlife aspect for sure in many areas!

its the days when the bites slow that 5 would be nice! and as for why its not nationwide is because how do u reulate alberta deer numbers to quebec and so on and so forth but ontario is behind the ball on the wildlife aspect for sure in many areas!

Matt what I'd like to see for QC is the group hunting party.... I think that it does not matter who shoots the animal... what counts is the results from a group aspect

Here in QC, once you tag a deer your hunting is over. We don't even get extra tags like you guys have... if we are lucky, we get a doe tag from a draw.

Enough said about that and lets get back to hard water fishing.... going tomorrow for sure around 9ish if the winds cooperate :D:canadian:

Tight lines

J

HEY jaques great to have been out with you and WHITESPINNER! :thumbsup_anim:

i was looking for the EYES but they never showed up! :wallbash:

are we still up for tommorow????

the pike are calling my name! :whistling:

Yes Kev, come on over tomorrow for sure... if Paul don't want to go I will :whistling: We should be leaving aroung 9ish

• 2 weeks later...

onother great report

man i should come here to look at you guys report more often. :clapping:

this is where i might head out tomorw morning..if i am not going to the little bay across the river or mc bay.

its so close to my house like..3min. :rolleyes: .

thanks to share those picts/report

joco

onother great report

man i should come here to look at you guys report more often. :clapping:

this is where i might head out tomorw morning..if i am not going to the little bay across the river or mc bay.

its so close to my house like..3min. :rolleyes: .

thanks to share those picts/report

joco

Joco, if you are going to Leamy I'd recommend that you go towards the beach and setup in the drop off, I'd say about 100' from shore.... that is where I caught all of the perch and it was none stop from the very beginning. There was about 8' to 15' feet of water and a nice weed bed...

If not McBay is another good area.... Good luck to ya tomorrow :canadian::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

the beach is the place or one off the place i go wen going to that lake..one other place is on the far right wen looking the lake frome the restaurant...goo place there to...but the beach is usely better.

but to go there and park at the parking you have to go true that channel..not as mutch ice..current in that channel...

remeber that machine that went true 2 yers ago there.?

joco

the beach is the place or one off the place i go wen going to that lake..one other place is on the far right wen looking the lake frome the restaurant...goo place there to...but the beach is usely better.

but to go there and park at the parking you have to go true that channel..not as mutch ice..current in that channel...

remeber that machine that went true 2 yers ago there.?

joco

On the far right, the lake is deeper and rocky bottom.... Me and Paul tried last Saturday afternoon but the rain was coming down so hard, we had to leave cause we were soaking wet :wallbash:

I remember that machine that went throught the ice in the channel a couple of years ago..... directly in front of the channel about 150 yards is a good spot..... there is another drop off and is where Paul caught is very first muski, not the biggest but a lot of fun.

Edited by Leechman

actualy it was the little machine that you see that clean the sidewalk..made by bonbardier..there heavy.

there were supose to do a rink on leamay lake and change there mind. :wallbash: .

its was a city worker on a city machine and it went true.but the guy was ok.

was supose to go this morning..but the wind change my mind.. :whistling: ...plus the wife was ON THE SHOPING MOD... <_<

see you guys soon

joco