pike fishing!

BassAsin

went out on a shi#$@ty rainy day of plus 5 yesterday to my usual pike lake made a small shelter with a few cedar poles and some clear tarp to keep dry didnt catch a single pike but ended up with a good feed of perch which are normally far and few between on this lake totalled up with 6 perch all about the same size

1214081524_00.jpg

1215082040_00.jpg

1214081555_00.jpg

Edited by BassAsin

yea a bit of rain isnt so bad when u always carry a clear placstic drop sheet! for this peticular reason, adn they tasted great along with a few late season partidge i got last week so some cast and blast with rice made for a great diner and a light breakfast this mornig. wanted to get out to the stand for a last day deer bowhunt but with 65 km winds i wasnt getting into my stand and dont wanna chance making a bad shot

Edited by BassAsin

hate the wind . i will hunt \fish in any condition . not wind . almost anything is bareible until you add WIND.

i can relate rain snow sleet hail cold hot doesnt matter but wind is terrible, plus i'm shootin an older gamegetter II hoyt bow at 60 lbs its only about a 200fps bow after accesories and i dont know how much a 60+ km/h wind will affect an arrow at 40 or 30 yds at that not gonna chance wounding one! just not in my nature!