Anybody ever catch a pike, bass sheeshead etc from humber river marshes to old mill??

Guest buick14

Guest buick14

Was just wondering if anybody has ever fished for anything other than sucker/carp/trout/salmon in the humber river (from the marshes to old mill bridge)?

I have stories about pike being caught, large bass, sheepshead and even gar.....

I ask because I am interested in hearing what people might have caught in that stretch, as there are some deeper sloughs by where the humber river marina is..............

thanks!

If ya got a float tube (forget wading, you're a risk of getting stuck in the ooze and the methane is gawd aweful), check it out. The Humber marshes has a good population of large mouths and some pike in early spring..

Mind you, water clarity is poor most of the time, so you gotta pick your days carefully.

cheers

HD

humber river madness. tons of carp there in the back bays . man ,, the water in those quiet areas of the river was pretty nasty . i was very surprised to see any sign of life at all . at least 20 boils a minute of mating carp broke the silence. if pike or bass are present in this environment ,, i don't want to know 'bout it.