WEEKEND CHROME ADVENTURES

jdmls

Went up to fish some huron tribs Saturday with a buddy I haven't seen in years... Did a lot of catching up talking about old times.... Hit the snow covered river banks for first light... Not to much action as the water was gin and fish were skitish... It had been a long time since I had been up that way in the late fall. Air was crisp, rivers clean, and the landscape was breath taking....The scenery alone is worth the drive.We managed a couple fish , but it was a slow day...

I had to stand back for this pick as the background was simply amazing

P1020557.jpg

A little guy I picked up just before dusk ... Made my day as I hadn't had a hit all day long.

P1020559.jpg

On the way home I called my buddy Kemper to see how he did out east ..... He said the water was on and he had found some fish, So we made plans for Sunday out east.... Kemper , Silvio , BBNotty, and I hit the trib for first light. Brady schooled us hard as he showed us the pool and totally called the fish on his first drift right before it sucked his float down ... Dude that was crazy !!!

Great way to break the ice, at first light !!!

P1020560.jpg

After that we walked down stream trying several holes , but not much action going on...Kemper and I arrived at a certain hole that we both hate fishing, as it rarely produces, but sure enough just as we were talking smack about the pool, I get a perfect drift along the undercut and WAM my float goes down...a good size chrome bow just starts thrashing left and right, and were laughing our heads of in dis-believe that the fish hit as we were just talking smack about the pool,, LOL !!! .... Not long after she spit the hook and it was gone. We gave it another 15mins and walked up stream to the our favorite pool...

First drift Kemper smacks this nice freshy

kemp.jpg

kemp1.jpg

Than that was it ... by about 10:30 we decided to hit the next trib..

Showed up to the pool with 3 guys fishing it already :angry: Even with the pressure the fish got all morning they didn't hesitate to hit the bait of choice .... Before I could even get my rig set up Berge hits the first fish

berge.jpg

half an hour later I picked up this guy

P1020561.jpg

We fished for a while longer , but had to leave by noon so we packed up....

Awesome weekend with good friends... Thanks guys

I put that one in the report ...lay off the shwa :asshat: LOL ....or bring me some of that sheyt next weekend :w00t:

It helps me see clearly, right through the water. I can sense the trout, and I know exactly what they are thinking. Hence being able to call right when my float is going down.

its crazy stuff, ill bring you some next weekend :stretcher:

Looks like an excellent weekend. I was wondering if you were willing to share what huron trib you guys had tried? Anyways just was wondering what the measurements were thanks in advance!

Cant help you with the huron trib as I wasnt there, but the measurements on the fish?

Medium, bigish, smallish, runt.

The brownie on the second drift fell to the "smack talk curse" :worthy: . He couldn't resist rubbing up against the pinky :dunno:

shankin browns.

poacher :whistling:

Goin fishin tomorrow? Ill be out, gonna try the river but im thinking shes gonna be a write off and Ill have to hit the lake.

Goin fishin tomorrow? Ill be out, gonna try the river but im thinking shes gonna be a write off and Ill have to hit the lake.

In March I can some what deal with the -5 to -8 range, cause I know they are coming in regardless of the temps .....but in December hmmmmm .... Im gonna :sleeping_02: for a change tomorrow and hope for a warmer Sunday afternoon