Eastman's 4-man Ice Cube from Ebay

fisher

Someone yesterday or the day before posted a link to a website stating Eastman's Ice Cube shelters sold on Ebay may not have the same quality or fabric. The link claims that the standard, tougher Ice Cube weighs 23 lbs on its own, yet there are sellers on Ebay selling the same item with 2 folding chairs with the same 23 lb weight (how could this be with the weight of the 2 chairs unless the fabric/material of the shelter is inferior).

Here is the site that was posted ...

http://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?...ion=show_detail

Well, my luck, I had bought one of these items off Ebay just two weeks before and have yet to get it. BUT I got it from a seller with thousands of ratings and at 100% satisfaction so I wasn't too worried. Despite not being too concerned, instead of waiting for the item to inspect/weigh it myself, I decided to email the seller and question him on that site's claims. Here is his response....

Subject: RE: Eastman Ice Cube 4 Person Fish Shanty Shelter New NIB

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:10:13 -0600

Frank,

I have sold this item with and without the chairs. The article is correct that the shelter alone weights about 25 pounds shipped. The shelter I shipped to you with the chairs weighed 41 pounds. I offer discontinued and overstocked items from major retailers. The specifications are clearly marked on the box. I suspect that this retailer is upset that the items are being sold at or below the price at which he purchased them and he can not compete.

Thanks for the information,

XXXXXXX

I feel much better now (even though I was not too concerned to begin with) but I guess I won't know for sure until I get the item which should be in a few days according to the post office link where I can track the shipping. I will update this post then.

Edited by fisher

As promised, I am following up on my original post.

I got the Ice Cube that I ordered from Ebay last night and am happy/relieved to confirm the Website claiming these items being sold on Ebay as being inferior product/lower weight is incorrect.

The box, which was from the Manufacturer (Eastman), said right on it that the weight of the Ice Cube and 2 Chairs was 35LBS. I set up the shelter in about a minute as claimed, and am sure the next time it will be even quicker. Take down is so easy, it literally folds itself down so compact easily fitting in the carrying bag it came with.

This unit is huge and spacious (81 inches tall) and very wide. I could fit a couple of lawn chairs in it if I wanted and still have room for gear and the holes.

I am very happy with the purchase and now can't wait to use it on ice. Right now, my kids are using it in the basement as a playhouse.