the ice is forming bay of quinte

skevys

We did make ice last night and all day today. We now have 3 to 4 inches in the protected areas. We are to get cold air again to-night, so this will form more good ice. We are fortunate enough not to have too much snow on our ice so we are getting good hard ice. North of us I’m getting a lot of reports from the locals that they have a lot of snow on their lakes and it’s touchy in a lot of areas. I was suppose to go north on Monday with a couple of buddies and they called to tell me they checked out four lakes and said to forget it. (Darn) I was really looking forward to it.

With the busy crazy day I had today tells me that there are a lot of guys going out on the ice but I still think they are being reel premature. I think that we should be giving it at least another couple of good cold nights. I may sound like a wimp but I know the bay and I know what can happen if you’re not care-full and use common sense. It won’t be long hang in there.

When it’s ready I am fully stocked on both the required minnows (which I don’t count either, I scoop only) and all tackle for the bay. Come on ice.

Ron