For the Carp fishermen on the board

dp3200

I have noticed that there are quite a few people on this board with good knowledge of carp fishing.

I was thinking of giving it a try this weekend, but I am unsure where to best find them at this time of year. I always see them in shallow water during the summer, but what about in the colder weather? Is a shallow river still the best place to find them? I was thinking of checking out a small trib off of rice lake... I saw a disgusting number of dead ones this summer, but later in the year there still seemed to be lots of them swimming around.

I'm sure that on Monday I'll have all kinds of newbie carp fishing issues to report.

I find that at this time of the year, the best place to find them is in my dreams :D

You can still fish for them if you find some deeper water where they usually hold when it's cold. But nothing is set in stone and you'll always hear different things from different people. Go to the fish-in if you want to see how others do it, catching is really just part of carp fishing.

As Hammercarp mentioned there is a Carp Anglers Group fish-in on Sunday, the carp are there at this time of year. I won't be able to make it, been sick for 3 weeks, but you should try to make it down. There will be experienced carp angler there that will be happy to help you out and answer any questions you may have. Last year this time there were many fish in the 30+ range caught.

To anwser you Rice lake question, it's a little to late to find them in the tribs, this time of year they are into the deeper part of Rice Lake.

Bring on all the newbie carp issue, we will be happy to help.

Check out www.carpanglersgroup.com and/or www.ontariocarphunters.com (site under construction), but the community forum and picture gallery are running

Hope this helps

Daniel