closer steelhead than St. Catharines?

Starcraft

Hi all,

I've been driving all the way to St. Catharines for steelhead, mostly salmon right now. I go there because a friend lives there and we meet up at the pier to fish; it's easy to fish from and easy to release fish. The thing is that St. Catharines is kind of far. I've heard Bronte mentioned a few times which I think is in either Oakville or Mississauga. I don't know the specifics of exactly where to go. Could someone point me in the right direction for some spots closer to North York? Bronte or otherwise? I don't have waders, but I'd be willing to get some if that's what I need.

Thanks in advance.

Plenty of places closer than St. Kitts.

Bronte in Oakville, The Credit in Mississauga, Duffins in your neck of the woods, Oshawa Cr.

Grab yourself a map and a copy of the regs for finding areas with extended seasons.

Pretty much any trib from Niagara Falls to Port Hope and beyond has fishable #'s of trout and salmon running them.

Plenty of places closer than St. Kitts.

Bronte in Oakville, The Credit in Mississauga, Duffins in your neck of the woods, Oshawa Cr.

Grab yourself a map and a copy of the regs for finding areas with extended seasons.

Pretty much any trib from Niagara Falls to Port Hope and beyond has fishable #'s of trout and salmon running them.

Agreed. You could also take a look at the Rouge river. It's open South of hwy2 right now.

p.-