life jackets

gdelongchamp

Percher is right – get a floater suit first especially if you fish alone. Then for next summer get the vests.

Also make sure you have a GPS, VHF and a cell phone. Make sure you TAKE and have warm batteries considering that there are many fishers who for their camera - I forgot them, I dropped them in the water, my sister took the batteries, the batteries went dead.

And make sure you have flares – more than what the law says you must have. Another thing to have are two (2) cans of gas to make the gas operated horn work. There should be a WHISTLE attached to every life vest.

In cold water temperatures, DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES and TAKE ALL THE PRECAUTIONS YOU CAN.

A good company like Mustang makes both the vest and the floater suits – but pricey.

The life vests can be bought at

Le Baron has both

BPS (probably)

West Marine – there are stores in the GTA

Genco Marine – I bought mine at Genco

The Store Masons - Mississauga

Other larger marine stores will also have the life vest and floater suits

carp-starter

Around this time of year and as you get later into the fall it might be advisable to get your self a floater suit.

Dan

I agree with that one..good investment for sure, since I have had one, I always wear it when the temps and water temps drop,heck I even wear it for shore fishin on those really cold days..great to keep warm,break the wind(keeps you extra warm if you break wind while wearing :rolleyes::lol: ), and helps keep the rain and snow out.

I agree with that one..good investment for sure, since I have had one, I always wear it when the temps and water temps drop,heck I even wear it for shore fishin on those really cold days..great to keep warm,break the wind(keeps you extra warm if you break wind while wearing :rolleyes::lol: ), and helps keep the rain and snow out.

What can I say. SOLD