Looking for spinning reels

bassjnkie

Lets cut the indignant / wronged act . . . . here ya were, quick to brag about owning 2 Shimano Stellas, worth, taxes in, about $1000.00 each, plus you've openly posted more than once, varios values of match & carp gear. I think if you go back over your posts, last spring you gave a figure of having $15,000.00 of carp gear imported from England & Europe when I was birchin' about not being able to get a part for my Fox buzzer! If ya can't take a little ribbin,' then don't post stuff like that to begin with! BTW . . .. I NEVER was able to locate that part either!

The Pflueger President is quite possibly the best bang for your buck. I went into Bass Pro intent on purchasing a Quantum Energy PTI and the salesman told me I would be wasting the extra money. He then made me try out both reels and the Pflueger was actually quite a bit smoother. And for about $70.00 less. I spent the savings on tackle!

PFLUEGER PRESIDENT....BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK AMD MAYBE MORE $$$ .... I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY DON'T CHARGE MORE FOR A REEL THAT OUTPERFORMS OTHER REALS IN ITS PRICE RANGE BY FAR

My Symetre 2000 with rear drag has had a lot of hard use in the past (I think 8 to 10 years) and it is still working like it was brand new. With the anti-reverse off, I can place the handle of the reel in a horizontal position and the reel will slowly rotate until the handle is pointing down. No loose parts, has never been opened for cleaning and lubrication and I use it year round. I use 2 lb test mono for brook trout on this reel and have never had a brookie break the line. 2 to 4 lb brookies are quite common up here where I live. I also use this reel for walleye using 4 and 6 lb test mono. Even though the reel has a rear drag, it is very smooth.

However, I always transport my rods in a rod case and my reels in a cloth bag. I even use the reel in brackish water for migratory brook trout in the Saguenay river.

If you search the internet, you will see that the Symetre is considered the best "bang for the buck".

I just got 2 Shimano Stradic 2500's and matching Compre rods thru a prize pack from Shimano and WFN. :thumbsup_anim:

I've only used these a few times but love them.

I had a Quantum PT reel but within less than a year, the gears completely seized while fighting a huge small mouth this summer :wallbash:

Here's a link to a test between Diawa and Shimano...hope it helps.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshootoutcapstrad.html

Cheers and good luck with your decision.

Legacey

$15,000....That's a lot of Delkims and custom Harrison carp rods :P

Been using my Stradics for about 8 yrs. Never had a complaint with any of them. Performed beautifully and when they eventually die I'll replace them with the newer model. Never heard a bad thing about them.

My dad's a Daiwa fan. I played around with his Daiwa Advantage (It's black and gold) and it also felt great.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dear Photoz, I understand you are getting to an age, where you have nothing better to do than complain. I am half you age, I have more assets than you will have when you die. I have something to show in life, and you have Jealousy. You really better say off the back, or I will make a complete fool out of you. Every value is true, oh ya plus my brand new boat, look up the boat cover post so you can see it's, if you think I'm lieing. You are a waste of breath, with nothing better to do with you life. Like I said, your F$%&^ing with the wrong person. GO GET A BLOODY LIFE!!!

MJL and eveyone else, the value that was said is correct. I will explain PHOTOZ value, I don't like to be called a liar. I don't have very expensive Euro carp gear in Canada, the match stuff is high up there. I have a Tracker V-16 DLX side console with a 50 4 stoke. I am a crazy collector, I do have the 2 Stellas mentiond, I have many special issue reels, I have collected all the Cargem collection from the Sea 66 to the little Mingon, I have a few Green abu zebcos, I have very rare reels here and in Italy. The value of $25,000 that was said is actually more, considering all the carp/Match equipment I have collected in Italy, ever seen Fish O Mania, exactly like that.

I really hope this clears thing up, and I hope you can understand I was not shooting my mouth.

Daniel

Thanks for the suggestions.

MJL and eveyone else, the value that was said is correct. I will explain PHOTOZ value, I don't like to be called a liar. I don't have very expensive Euro carp gear in Canada, the match stuff is high up there. I have a Tracker V-16 DLX side console with a 50 4 stoke. I am a crazy collector, I do have the 2 Stellas mentiond, I have many special issue reels, I have collected all the Cargem collection from the Sea 66 to the little Mingon, I have a few Green abu zebcos, I have very rare reels here and in Italy. The value of $25,000 that was said is actually more, considering all the carp/Match equipment I have collected in Italy, ever seen Fish O Mania, exactly like that.

I really hope this clears thing up, and I hope you can understand I was not shooting my mouth.

Daniel

Never doubted the value of your gear. Already knew you had a boat...Just a little friendly ribbing on my part.

Looking at my own inventory, I don't have a boat but I do have a vice for high-end carp and steelhead gear :Gonefishing:

Who ever said fishing was cheap was a liar.

Never doubted the value of your gear. Already knew you had a boat...Just a little friendly ribbing on my part.

Looking at my own inventory, I don't have a boat but I do have a vice for high-end carp and steelhead gear :Gonefishing:

Who ever said fishing was cheap was a liar.

I know your stuff Mike. Can I say it, Tackle Tart :thumbsup_anim::clapping::whistling:

:blahblah1:Musta hit a nerve, eh? Pretty low when ya gotta resort to threats though . . . I'm REALLY shakin' in my boots now! I'm happy as 'ell with the little I have, and don't feel any need to impress or intimidate anybody, nor do I care much what you have . . . BTW . . . why did you quit posting under Canadian Carper over here? I can dish it out, but I can take it too . . . w'ats YOUR problem? :worthy:

:blahblah1:Musta hit a nerve, eh? Pretty low when ya gotta resort to threats though . . . I'm REALLY shakin' in my boots now! I'm happy as 'ell with the little I have, and don't feel any need to impress or intimidate anybody, nor do I care much what you have . . . BTW . . . why did you quit posting under Canadian Carper over here? I can dish it out, but I can take it too . . . w'ats YOUR problem? :worthy:

Canadian Carper? What? Never had that screen name. Problem? People that don't stay out of others affairs. I'm done with you, and I will stop posting on this thread, as 15+ ofners PM me to tell me I am wasting my time even posting. People know what you are about.

Canadian Carper? :lol::lol: