another st. marys report

pikeie

well on sunday me and some friends had to go down to the river/rapids to do some projects. we have to do some tree identifiying and work on our entomology projects. after we did our work we decided that we should spend a few hours tryin to get some salmon :thumbsup_anim:

on the way to the rapids i was setting up my rod while walking so i would be ready right away.... i sure payed off :Gonefishing:

once i crossed the river to where i wanted to fish i started casting first cast indicator slows down and fish on. i turn around to look at my friends who are still on shore and waved and showed them my bend in my rod :thumbsup_anim: lol i got some rather anoyed coments considering i caught 3 pinks all over 4 lbs and one over 5 before any of them made it over to me. once my friends came over i wouldnt let them have my rock lol i was the only one catchin any we got a few pics of the fish i was getting and all of them went back to the drink.

finally i gave some one esle a turn on my rock after i caught 9-10 pinks lol. i moved down 20 feet and started casting agian not long after i started casting i get what i thought was a snag. as i start pulling i see a big king jump i didnt think much of it until i felt the big run.

in only a few seconds i was 50 yrds into my backing :w00t: .

im only using a 6 weight and in the fast water i didnt have much of a chance. so i found a shallow crossing and waded across to the middle where there are a lot of eddies with some slower water. as i slowly got back into my flyline i relised the fish kept wanting to go down the rapids. i knew if he go into them i would lose him for sure. so i put some side pressure on him and he moved 10 feet up stream i posisioned my self in fround of the rapids so the he would run upstream and away from me. it worked. he eventully tired out and as i was tailing him he shook his headand straightend out my hook :( and he took off. he was around 15 lbs but i wish i had a better look at him o well :dunno:

anyways now i am about 100 yards down river from where i was lol pain in the a** to walk all the way back up.

i got back and continued to catch pinks and 1 small king only about 5 lbs.

i got another hit and as im bringing the fish in i notice somthing flashing on this back it was a cleo. when i get it in it seemed that my tippit had wraped around the trebble hook lol. got a picture of that.

so as we wade back across at the end of the day my friend slips up near shore and gets a little wet. and so did his cell phone with all the pictures on it :blink: so once agian i dont have any pics sorry :angel: in the end i got way over 20 pinks i think it was 25 for 30 lol just insane fishing. also i went one for 3 on chinnoks.

my friends only caught a total of 10 fish thats bettween 3 guys lol. and im the newbie on the river lol