Cabela's expensive shipping

Radnine

I had a disappointing thing happen the other day regarding Cabela’s web site.

Last winter I purchased one of their Tourney Trail 7’, 2 piece spinning rods and have been thrilled with it (I couple it with a Daiwa Exceler 2500, FYI). I was glad to see that they are on for half price (about $30.00) right now at Cabela’s.

I went to order two of them only to find out at check out time that the shipping and handling was going to be as much as the rods! It turns out that they had to come via air only, no other options and that was going to come to almost $60.00 (keep in mind that these are two piece rods)! I am sure that was not the case the last time I ordered.

I am guessing that this is in large part due to the price of fuel and the limited delivery options. At any rate, I did not order the rods.

Does anyone know of a comparable rod at either Bass Pro or LeBaron?

I had a disappointing thing happen the other day regarding Cabela’s web site.

Last winter I purchased one of their Tourney Trail 7’, 2 piece spinning rods and have been thrilled with it (I couple it with a Daiwa Exceler 2500, FYI). I was glad to see that they are on for half price (about $30.00) right now at Cabela’s.

I went to order two of them only to find out at check out time that the shipping and handling was going to be as much as the rods! It turns out that they had to come via air only, no other options and that was going to come to almost $60.00 (keep in mind that these are two piece rods)! I am sure that was not the case the last time I ordered.

I am guessing that this is in large part due to the price of fuel and the limited delivery options. At any rate, I did not order the rods.

Does anyone know of a comparable rod at either Bass Pro or LeBaron?

Ditto :wallbash:

I was also looking at the same rods(2 to be exact). I almost hit the send odrer to Cabela's when I noticed the increased fee for delivery. Off I got to JB's.

Jose

Yeah you might be paying a bit more, but at least in my case I order from Cabelas all the time ( 3 times in the past 2 weeks :) ) for the luxury of having exactly what I want delivered to my front door in less than a week.

I don't have the time energy or patience to go traipsing around to a dozen different shops to find what I need.

Call the Cabela's Winnipeg store and see if they have what you want most likely not but it's worth a try. 2009 should be a different story though with the new CDN store.

Thanks Wild,

I read your earlier post (Cabela's Canada) and checked it out. No go.