boat licensing

walleyejack

i have been reading about folks getting ticketed for no boat liscence, i assumed the numbers on the side of the boat and the transfer of ownership was enough, but maybe not, have been reading more about this everyday, i have stamped copy of Transfer of Ownership from Canada Customs that i keep with me that describes the vessel and has matching numbers, is this all i need or must i go to Services Canada and apply for another license, i have had it since 1991 and been checked out numerous times and no one has said anything, i did not even have to procuce the slip of paper, but i haven't been scouted out in the last 5 yrs or so,things change tho, any help would be apprciated.

As far as the boat goes.

-If the boat resides in Ontario it needs Ontario numbers, with those numbers you get a slip of paper you need that too.

-You need the bill of sale (proof of ownership)

-You need to make attempts to aquire the Hull sticker (capacity).

Did you pay the taxes?

forrest

i have been reading about folks getting ticketed for no boat liscence, i assumed the numbers on the side of the boat and the transfer of ownership was enough, but maybe not, have been reading more about this everyday, i have stamped copy of Transfer of Ownership from Canada Customs that i keep with me that describes the vessel and has matching numbers, is this all i need or must i go to Services Canada and apply for another license, i have had it since 1991 and been checked out numerous times and no one has said anything, i did not even have to procuce the slip of paper, but i haven't been scouted out in the last 5 yrs or so,things change tho, any help would be apprciated.

You are OK. The piece of paper you have is the boat registration. These used to be issued by the Canadian Coast Guard, but has since been turned over to Service Canada.

Keep it in your vessel whenever on the water. It is mandatory to have a copy of your registration in the boat should the OPP or other police service stop you while on the water.

just JOHN

Guest skeeter99

and if you dont have and the cop is having a bad day!!!

sit down before you hear this

it is a $310 fine, yep my buddy got one when walleye opened this year pretty steep