Bass and Walleye Fishin' on Hay Bay

calberrt

Hi Everyone,

I'm headed out to Hay Bay this weekend lookin to hook up with some big bass and monsterous walleye. My parents just bought a cottage on the bay there and was hoping to get in a successful trip in.

Any good tips in terms of lures, colours, spots for both Bass and Walleye?

Has anyone been down recently and had some success stories? What kind of lures, colours, etc

Thanks in advance.

Calberrt!

The only time I fished BOQ we drifted with #3 bluefox spinners tipped with a full dew worm. Just fished it off bottom and lifted and slow dropped like fishing with a jig. Fished bail open with a finger holding the line. When we felt a take we'd release the line and count up to 6 or 8 seconds before closing the bail and sweep setting the hook. We ate walleye with every meal for five days. Biggest was 7.5lbs.

Calberrt,

The fishing has been very slow on Hay Bay and surrounding areas, we are hoping that the baitfish will die off and the weather will even out and stop giving us the constant pressure changes.

People are still fishing the area around Ram Is, Shermans Pt, and Mallory Bay. R U familiar with these areas? If not, drop me a PM.

Where on Hay Bay will you be located? North Shore or South Shore....

Cheers