Ahmic Lake

audio_mad

I'm going to spend a week at Ahmic lake and wonder if somebody could help with some useful info and tips on what techniques, baits, and gears work there. The lake supposedly is pretty good fishing wise, I am not sure though which spots are productive.

Thanks in advance,

Read my report that is on the first page of the board....at the end of the report, it tells what worked and what didn't work. Early in the report it said what parts of the lake (ie structure) to look for and depths.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23041

Good luck!

Edited by ccmt

Thanks CCMT,

I read the report - it's great! I do have the equipment for 60-80' and a boat to get to any spot on the lake. You mentioned a spot with large fish (but big depth). Can you be a little more specific about the spot - I will give it a shot.

Thanks again,

From Ahmic, you can access Beaver Lake and then Crawford Lake by boat. I last fished there 7 years ago but both of those lakes are shallow and had decent pike and largemouth fishing. Fish the shallow weed filled bays on Beaver and Crawford is mostly shallow and weedy.

There was an article some years ago in OOD I believe and it said there are lots of pickeral in the lake. The problem is they roam around following the schools of baitfish over the deep water and are hard to pattern and they're also well fed making them difficult to catch. It's best to target the other species if you want some action on that lake.

Just came back from Cecebe, which is just a lock away through the Magnetawan.

We only caught small pickerel (1-2 lb range) frypan size. We spent a lot of time back trolling with worm harnesses until we caught scattered fish. Used lindy rigs with no snag weights.

Got my best advice from ccmt here on this board.

We had our best success looking for water about 20-30 feet deep, near islands, jigging with minnows just off submerged weeds.

The summer bite is tough, only got about 7 fish the whole week.

Good luck, I'm sure with equipment to get down you should have better luck.

From Ahmic, you can access Beaver Lake and then Crawford Lake by boat. I last fished there 7 years ago but both of those lakes are shallow and had decent pike and largemouth fishing. Fish the shallow weed filled bays on Beaver and Crawford is mostly shallow and weedy.

I was told about Beaver Lake, but didn't make it there this year. Next summer I'll be heading straight for that lake...shallower water is what I'd be looking for anyways!