K/W and Cambridge area, rookie

tybrad

Hey all, I'm new to this site and relatively new to fishing. I have a fair amount of experience on lakes and the likes, but when it comes to rivers like the grand and conestoga, i suck. I dont know how to deal with moving water when it comes to fishing, so basically i was wondering if theres anyone out there in this area thats willing to either just pm me some how to's or take me out as a rookie some time to learn how to catch fish in these places!

shout out to fatherof3 and his friend, i forget your name... sorry lol, had a blast learning some of the river...

but yea, still, anyone in my area can help me, that'd be great.

Thanks

Tyler

I agree with patrick about the water levels. They are much higher, and the current is moving much faster on these rivers this year compared to previous years. And it has made the fishing much tougher in my opinion. The Grand around K-W has been very hard to fish in a lot of spots the last week or so. So if you're having trouble you're not the only one.

Bouncing grubs is as simple as putting a grub on a jighead. The hard part is finding the right size jighead. You want it to be heavy enough to sink through the current, but if it's too heavy you'll be snagged constantly. And in certain parts of the Grand the bottom is quite rocky and snags are common. Another option is to use inline spinners. I don't generally use live bait, as it's costly, can be a pain to get and transport.