Knot advice needed

ecmilley

trying out these 1/0 owner offset drop hooks and can't seem to find a knot that holds the hook straight, the package states a clinch or uni knot and the 10lb seagar line is to thick to pass through the eye to make a palomer,m any advice would be appreciated .

on a side note when there on a angle to the line I am still catching a pile of fish amazing hook up on these hooks

Thats also what i do tie the palomar then pass, the tag end down thru the eye-these hooks do have an amazing hook-up %-this is the hook I use when moneys on the line! I use the 2/0 , one thing about them especially the 1/0 is that they bend-you don't want to horse fish in with them.

Edited by Mark Kulik

thanks guys I'll retie the set up tonight, i have been tying clinch knots for 25 years trying to remember to tie the palomer is worse than actually tieing it.

This was my first time trying to use drop shots system fishing, it pained me to leave my regular jig, crankbait and worm harness on the shore, but the advantages were immediatly apparent with the cold front coming in. 2 small eyes in the 14 inch range dozen smallies nothing huge 2 lb max some duker bluegills.

set up was a 7'3" drop shot carrot stix with a stella reel and 10 lb seagar