float fishing main line!!!

silvio

Hey to all the float fisherman out there I was wondering what pound test you all use on your centerpin reels. I currently use 10 lb p line flouro clear I have never broken my main line on a salmon or rainbow. So it has been working well for me but I am concerned that maybe ruining a 10 lb main line may be visible to the fish. I do use flouro carbon leader. What do all you float fisherman think does main line make a difference or as long as you’re using flouro your main line lb test doesn’t matter much? Thanks

I run 10lb Raven mainline (smoke color) never broke it off. I used to run 10lb siglon in fluorescent yellow down south but up here Im rarely worried about crossing others lines.

I also tend to run a longer fluoro lead. depending on the run Im fishing either a combo of 6 shot line/ 4 lead or a 3 foot lead with the shot right on it. Only fish I broke off on a centerpin was the first 10lb class bow I had on...

Granted the rivers I fish right now are deeper faster flows....albeit quite clear at some locations