late temagami report

goodtimer

It's been 3 weeks or so since I returned from Lake Herridge Lodge in Temagami. Wasn't going to post because there's not too much to tell about fish-wise. But why not bored at work and I never post so here we are:

We arrived about 11am, made the drive in about 5.5 hours from Hamilton, couple stops. Get there and guy tells us that it'd been thunder-storming all night long...grrrreat :(. Even later throughout the day we could here the thunder from a distance...not good.

On the water by 11. 10th cast, fish on, pulled in this 2.5lbs pike.

n523280600_3806723_1990.jpg

Pulled her in, weighed, took picture, released her. 10th cast I though we were in for some great fishing....HAH. Didn't catch much the rest of the day, no fish for dinner. Next day, only a few small bass, no fish for dinner. Our final day we hiked to a back lake and had a but better luck, couple small pickerel and a decent bass. Finally a shore lunch - so so tasty.

n833090415_3632940_1988.jpgn833090415_3632949_4940.jpg

Overall the trip was a blast. Seeing we drove all that way, I was really hoping for some monsters or at least some decent numbers... but that didn't stop us from havin a great time. The lodge was great, very nice owner's (even made a beer run for us while we fished all day sunday :D ...always bring extra!...and then backup extra!!). I would recommend Lake Herridge Lodge to anyone, I'm sure the fishing is a lot better when the weather cooperates. Pretty cool place, they have 5 back lakes you can hike to and they have boats w motors on all of them.

Sadly that pike on the 10th cast held up all weekend. Even though the trophy went to its rightful owner (ME hehe :clapping:) I can't be too proud of it seeing how it was only 2.5lbs. But I did outfish everyone so I deserve it in that respect.

n833090415_3632973_3268.jpg

Cheers, hopefully next time I have more fish to show!