Force My Hand -Results

With the result of the poll we packed up the canoe and our musky and bass gear and headed to our backwoods lake for some hopefully good fishing. Left home at 4 AM and arrived at our destination at 6:15 AM. Road was a little rough in some places but thats what an SUV is for. Parked in the clearing at the snowmobile trail and unloaded. Did the 3/4 of a kilometer portage in two trips with our gear kept down to a minimum. Two Musky rod and reels. Two spinning rod and reels. A Plano box with about 10 musky baits and a soft pak with an assortment of plastics and a couple of topwaters. We launch and decide right away to troll the south shore with some Fundally spinnerbaits. We troll one about 25 feet behind the canoe and the other about 100 feet. The one thats 25 feet behind is right up on the surface making all kinds of noise and the other one is just below but you can see its wake. About 3/4 of the way down the lake the 25 footer(which is my buddies rod) has a cement block thrown at it and its fish on. Being the responsible musky anglers that we are we immediately pull over to a beach like area get out and land the fish, a pretty 32"er. I get the camera out of the backpack and turn it on but it wont respond. I fiddle with it ..and fiddle with it all to no avail. I think the batteries are dead and I'm ticked because I dont have extras and I know this digital goes through batteries like crazy. We release the fish to fight another day and return to fishing.

We troll and cast for musky till about 2PM but have no further action. We stop for a quick lunch of salami and cheese and talk about what to do next. We decide to take a break from ski fishing and target largemouth. We head back out and start pitching the shoreline which is mostly treeand bush cover. The fish were on. We caught nothing huge the majority of fish were 12 - 15 inches And the biggest was about 17. We fished mostly Yamamoto grubs rigged on a 1/0 Gamagatsu wide gap hook with a medium sized slit shot about 18 inches above the hook. We did get a nice suprize when fishing a steep point when we landed a 18 inch walleye. But we put him back for the musky to eat. No more musky landed the rest of the day but we did get bit off twice while bass fishing. Headed for home by 7PM and di the 30 mile portage(it seemed that long after a full day) tied the canoe back on and headed home.

Id like to thank everyone for their participation in the poll and it was a very fun way to determine were to go.