Thames Skunk Is Off!

JohnF

So now that you caught a fish i can consider you as my guide when i get up there.

You raised the bar prety high by catching that monster.

Great fish none the less, way to go!

I went back yesterday to see if he was still around, but no luck. Just little dinks. Something large was jumping close by and a few tapped at my worm, but nothing. Of course it was late morning and bright sun. I had a respectable one leap well clear of the water in front of me, spit the worm. I heard him chuckling as he dove.

C'mon down. I'll show you the spots and I have some new ones to explore.

JF

I went back yesterday to see if he was still around, but no luck. Just little dinks. Something large was jumping close by and a few tapped at my worm, but nothing. Of course it was late morning and bright sun. I had a respectable one leap well clear of the water in front of me, spit the worm. I heard him chuckling as he dove.

C'mon down. I'll show you the spots and I have some new ones to explore.

JF

It wasnt the bright sun or the time of day that was the culprit, its all because you had to bring that stinkin camera lol

They know, yupper.........they knooooow. I find the cell phone camera is a better option, Mr. Fish isnt up on the technology and he thinks it just makes phonecalls!! :thumbsup_anim:

Gotcha. Never tried up there but now I might.

JF

Don't neglect the other side of the bridge either although it doesn't open into any decent pools for a couple of miles. Walking the creek either direction is tough if the silt doesn't get you a rock will bust a shin or ankle but for a long ways though there are trails along the side if you can find em as they tend to get overgrown. Just don't step on any wild turkeys or baby fawns. I have had a couple of close encounters... I was less than 2 feet from a fawn two years ago there before she jumped up and called to mama. I never had a clue it was there, no wonder when I was a kid my dad used to tell me to NEVER go lion hunting son you just aren't that observant LOL. This year a group of wild turkeys would not stop eating as I was approaching them, they would only run about 15 ft in front of me then grab some more corn. I pity them though if do go ahead with the bow season in there this fall for them.

Good thing there is no hunting strictly enforced because these birds are not shy at all.

It wasnt the bright sun or the time of day that was the culprit, its all because you had to bring that stinkin camera lol

They know, yupper.........they knooooow. I find the cell phone camera is a better option, Mr. Fish isnt up on the technology and he thinks it just makes phonecalls!! :thumbsup_anim:

So if they're so hip on technology, how come they didn't know the batteries were dead? As for the phone cam, I'm a bit of a cell luddite. None of my phones have built-in cams.

Next time I'll float the camera on a little raft with a long long line attached so it can be lurking somewhere downstream just in case I ever catch another fish. Mebbe that'll sneak it in under the radar.

JF

Don't neglect the other side of the bridge either although it doesn't open into any decent pools for a couple of miles. Walking the creek either direction is tough if the silt doesn't get you a rock will bust a shin or ankle but for a long ways though there are trails along the side if you can find em as they tend to get overgrown. Just don't step on any wild turkeys or baby fawns. I have had a couple of close encounters... I was less than 2 feet from a fawn two years ago there before she jumped up and called to mama. I never had a clue it was there, no wonder when I was a kid my dad used to tell me to NEVER go lion hunting son you just aren't that observant LOL. This year a group of wild turkeys would not stop eating as I was approaching them, they would only run about 15 ft in front of me then grab some more corn. I pity them though if do go ahead with the bow season in there this fall for them.

Good thing there is no hunting strictly enforced because these birds are not shy at all.

What is it about the turkeys this year? I've never seen them so nonchalant. I saw two fairly large (family?) groups on the weekend out near the golf course.

Thanks for the tips.

JF