What a tackle find!

Guest Lundboy is Done

Guest lundboy

I wandered into an automotive parts store today to find that the place was full of fishing tackle! Older fishing tackle, like Lucky Strike "Ol Wooden Plugs" and Dar-Devels and Storm Crank Baits, ratlin spots etc. Mostly from the late 70s & 80s. Tons of stuff. Even a brand new Lowrance portable flasher from days gone by. Cane poles, Fiberglass rods.

The place used to be a distributor, but gave it up becuase they were getting stiffed for payment from tackle shops. But he still has all his old stock. Some out front, and some in the back that you have to use a flashlight to rummage through.

The place used to be called "Lucky Lou's", now it's Western Automotive.

On Eglinton just past Dixie:

http://411.ca/profileservlet?customerId=2987365

He will make you a deal for cash.

I recall when I use to go to the Sportsmen Show in the early 90's. There would be a guy who would yell out deals out of nowhere. He would just pour out boxes of reels on the floor, stand on a table and hold a rod up....and yell out the deal, actually, the deals were absolutely fantanstic too! Not sure if they called him Lucky Lou or Crazy Lou? But I'm wondering if he owned that place? Nice find nonetheless.

Edited by Hooked

Wow...I can't believe he's still going...when I went in there, maybe, 10 years aog after he moved from the actual Lucky Lou's location to Western Automotive, I thought he said he was carrying the fishing stuff until it disappeared. Of course, that could still be the case....he had a lot of stuff.... :whistling:

Cool...I purchased my first Loran and hand held GPS from them. Still have my rain gear folded up in a Lucky Lou's bag. He used to have a guy, I think his name was John, working for him that was a wealth of info when plotters were first coming out.

Guest lundboy
Wow...I can't believe he's still going...when I went in there, maybe, 10 years aog after he moved from the actual Lucky Lou's location to Western Automotive, I thought he said he was carrying the fishing stuff until it disappeared. Of course, that could still be the case....he had a lot of stuff.... :whistling:

He still has a lot of stuff, and none of it's new so he hasn't been restocking.

Guest lundboy
Yeah....... it's a shame the fish are 'hep' to those old lures, and can't be fooled by them anymore. :dunno:

Only the old timers would avoid them, the young'uns maybe see them as something differnt.

Hey, what goes around, comes around....pretty soon "retro" is gonna be all the rage, and Mooselook wobbler's will be a commodity :D One of the back lakes I've been fishing just warmed up to tube jigs this year....only about 10 years behind the trend...just like me!