Bancroft area help please.

wuchikubo

Hey all,

I'm going to make a day trip over to Bancroft this Sunday for the tail end of the Gemboree festival/event. I was wondering if anyone could PM me any possible shore spots that would be suitable for fishing with kids 4-9 yrs. We'll be looking for picnic spots as well. Don't need to know any honey holes just spots where there might be ample panfish to keep the kids occupied for a short time.

BTW if anyone is going and sees my van, can't really miss it as it's plastered with work logo and stuff, please say hi.

Thanks,

Stan :D

Man o Man you are a sucker for punishment. Bancroft is going to be a zoo this weekend. I'm at the cottage about 1/2 hour away and hope I don't go to town. The Gemboree is a great experience. Did it when I was a kid. The Dairy Queen there is a great spot. Make sure you order a small, cause their servings are HUGE, or at least they used to be.

Are you taking a boat or just shore fishing? If shore and might only be an hour or so, before the kids give up, I know there is a river that runs through town. The north end has some parks with table and right next to the river if I recall properly.

Have a great weekend.

Man o Man you are a sucker for punishment. Bancroft is going to be a zoo this weekend. I'm at the cottage about 1/2 hour away and hope I don't go to town. The Gemboree is a great experience. Did it when I was a kid. The Dairy Queen there is a great spot. Make sure you order a small, cause their servings are HUGE, or at least they used to be.

Are you taking a boat or just shore fishing? If shore and might only be an hour or so, before the kids give up, I know there is a river that runs through town. The north end has some parks with table and right next to the river if I recall properly.

Have a great weekend.

Hey Scott, thanks for the info, we'll be shore fishing. I'll look for the park area. Not sure how free they will be given this weekend.

I'll be sure to give DQ a go so long as the lines aren't too nuts. We'll be packing some food to picnic on anyways.

Can I expect the usual sunfish and perch or rockbass there? (I'll be using artificial plastics, e.g. power maggots etc.)

Stan

I've never fished it, but it looks like it should hold your usual panfish and even some largies. The cover looks good anyways? I've only ever driven past it. There is a tackle shop on the right hand side as you head north out of town towards the park, they would have some info as well.

As for line ups, they are going to be everywhere. Wise idea on packing food, and drinks.