Lake Rosseau

Cudz

I am pretty sure there are small and largemouth bass, pike and lake trout (perch / panfish as well).

I think I will be near Sanfield (sounds familiar).

Anything I should be throwin? I think I will fish for bass in the morning and maybe pike in the aft. I have never fished this lake. Are there pads there? I will throw spro bronzeye frogs and yum buzzfrogs if there are. I will try and find some rocky shoals for smallies as well.

I will try and throw jerk baits and maybe spinner baits for pike on weed lines if I find any.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. Any help at all would be appreciated.

thanks

Ok I did some research. NW corner looks good. Huge pike. Looks like they like jerkbaits. I will also throw big spinnerbaits and some big swimbaits. Should be fun. I wasn't going to bring a net but now after reading about some of the big fish from there I will.

Guest Johnny Bass

Never fished it before but always wanted to. There are huge pike and a good population of pickerel and bass. The North west and south east side both look good. Good Luck!

Bump!

Guest skeeter99

no pads buddy, well a little and they are full of pike

you will be lucky to find weed

but the lake is full of fish, but you need to know where to get them

there are walleye,bass mainly smallmouth I have never caught a largemouth fishing there in my life, pike, lake trout and musky which are hard to get since the numbers are not there because of the pike

bring your tubes, right now the fish are in about 18 to 37 feet of water depending on the hump you are fishing, they really like to susspend in this lake about 12 feet down for some reason

good luck, you will nead a sonar to find the humps and a map is a must to find structure

Edited by skeeter99

You know what you must do. Catch and eat all the pike you catch.

I have a family member that has a cottage there,never visited,but they do tell I must get up there and fish from the poontoon boat and catch fish with them. It,s non stop. So they say.

Have a great time.

Did I mention it was the outlaw side of the family. :rolleyes:

Got out fishing for about 45 mins in a boat. no depth finder(that sucked). I was going by feel. Wish I would have know about the no largemouth thing beforehand. Found a couple of bays with pads and reeds. Tried trowing the topwater weedless frog. Nothing not even a boil. On closer inspection the pads weren't wuite thick enough and were only in about 2 ft of water. Should have held one LM but no. I did see several old nests though.

Fished a shoreline as well. Nice looking with lots of wood but did not catch a thing. Had a huge surface about 15 ft from the boat. Probably a 15+ pound pike. Did not take my bait.

Ended up fishing from the dock and caught 6 small (10") SM bass on a drop shot rig. Would have liked to fish more but you have 3 kids and my friends have 4 kids it is difficult to get away (especially when the eldest is 7). I would like to fish the lake again with a boat with a finder and a bit more time.

thanks for the replies.