Peterbourough??

Bassaholic

I need some help...I'm going to be in Peterborough for the weekend to move my girlfriend home from school. I'm going to have some time to kill on Saturday well she packs things up so I thought about hitting the Otanbee River. I've never fished it before and dont know anything about. What species are in it? What area would be the best to try? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bassaholic

Years ago it used to be chock full of smallies...so many in fact I believe they were stunted...rarely got any over 2 lbs...

If you are up near the north end of town near the university I drool every time I go over the bridge just below the dam...bet there is lots of bass and pickerel in the fast water there...might need waders...

What are you after? Muskies in Little Lake right in town, and below Lock 19.

For pickerel and bass from the University all the way down to the dam above Little Lake is good. Musky in there too.

bass, musky, walleye and panfish. i guess it depends on what your fishing for.

I fish for bass mostly. But I wouldn't be against catching a musky or a walleye...anything with teeth really. We'll be close to the University but I'll go anywhere on the river as long as its fishable from shore. Actually I'd be willing to travel alittle ways if there's any other good spots close to the city that are fishable from shore. Thanks for the help already guys.

Anywhere from the University to Little Lake is very shore accessible. Bass fishing is best by the University IMO. If you go over the bridge at the University to the east side there is a small outflow almost directly below the bridge, I caught tons of smallies there from shore. Also near the dam above Trent U is great. Pick a spot, you'll surely get something.

There's a rowing club on a large slower pool down river from Trent U.. there can be good bass and musky fishing in there too.