fishfinder

workwear

Lowrance / Eagle sells a bracket specifically for mounting their transducer on an electric motor. That's what I used to attach mine. I used twist ties to fasten the cable to the shaft of the motor. Be sure to allow enough slack for the motor to rotate.

Hey workwear..

The Lowrance manual has the trolling motor 'ducer installment instructions in it.

It goes on the very bottom of the head and as John mentioned above,

carefully wind the cable up the shaft allowing enough slack for the motor to operate fully.

BTW...my TM is now working Bud!

I just cleaned all the terminals w/emery cloth and lubed all electric and once reconnected she just fired up as new.......go figure.

I alswo took the prop off only to find much weed tangle.....(after repair complete)..so it can only be more efficient by now..

The big test will be this weekend...thnx for your help.

I have my humminbird mounted on the trolling motor. Works great, but be careful if you are hooking up to the same battery as the trolling motor. Sometimes you can get some electrical interfearance when the motor is on.

A few things to consider. What is your old sonar like? do you have GPS? you may be better off to spend new money on new technology with GPS for your main sonar, and move your old to the trolling motor, providing it is adequate. All i need my front finder to do is give me depth, bottom type so i can stay on weed lines, breaks etc.

Also, like the others have said, leave slack in the cable, and be careful when you stow the motor.......it can cut the cable if you are not careful.