Kind of a weird momment

Cudz

Ummm.....like I said before....it's not a big deal...move on

I think people get too wrapped up in everything. Let it go...it didn't violate any of his charter rights, he wasn't given a ticket, and he went home after a day of fishing.....

geez.....can't we all just drink in peace...err...i mean get along????

I agree. This incident sounded like there was no harm at all. I'm all for making friendly conversation with our men and women in uniform, especially if they're fellow fishermen like yourself (and I did that last time a cop asked for my fishing license while I was fishing - that OPP guy was really cool). I just think that when a peace officer asks for something in the course of her duties, and I don't have any obligation to comply, then why do it? I may be facilitating some compilation of evidence against me. It probably won't help me but might possibly hurt me. I'm very careful to comply with all laws, even municipal ones. I don't park in no parking zones even when I know the likelihood of a $20 ticket is very low. But if I'm asked for a fishing license for after buying a bag of lures (hypothetically), I will respectfully refuse. I've been asked for my DL after tripping my parents' alarm by mistake and I didn't produce it. I just said I was their son and they changed the alarm.