Fourmile lake

audio_mad

There is a massive shoal on the north end(I think it is the north) that has all kinds of fish. There are tons of Smallmouths (lots of small ones and some big ones) that you can catch with tubes or spinnerbaits. A bunch of good sized largemouths are also there for the taking. On top of that there is some good fishing for walleye (I was not very succcesfull but saw others boating limits of good sized ones 2-3lb). Apperently near the burnt river is a good place to fish for the walleye. Oh and did I mention that there is some good muskie in there aswell?

I found that 7-8 pm is the prime time for this Lake and you will have trouble keeping the fish of your hook should you be out on the baot at that time of day.

The best allround lure for me was a dressed #4 Black Fury...

Hope this helps!!!!

see the sun in my avatar? watch out over there as there is rock the size of a bus just under the water. from the boat launch go out 30 feet and to your right and head towards the end of the lake. you will see others jigging there... maybe me too... HAHA

*edit*

oh and check the boat launch times as well as it is closed mid day. only open a few hours in the AM and a few in the evening. then it's locked up to reduce traffic.

Edited by GBW

yah beware of the boat launch.... Somehow the owners association were able to cut off public access by only opening the boat launch for a couple of hours a day. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me as the water belongs to everyone. Imagine if this were the case on every lake.... :(

yeah, it does suck that they did it. the reason i was told was it was being over fished and loads of garbage being left behind daily. they did it before we even had the cottage there. but the burnt river is a great place to fish while you wait... ;) there's some SKIS there too...

yeah, it does suck that they did it. the reason i was told was it was being over fished and loads of garbage being left behind daily. they did it before we even had the cottage there. but the burnt river is a great place to fish while you wait... ;) there's some SKIS there too...

It seems to have worked as in my experience the fishing is pretty good and there is no garbage to be seen :)

It's too bad that people did not treat the lake with respect. I am genuinely happy for the owners of the homes and cottages on the lake.

It seems to have worked as in my experience the fishing is pretty good and there is no garbage to be seen :)

It's too bad that people did not treat the lake with respect. I am genuinely happy for the owners of the homes and cottages on the lake.

it's slowly coming back as it was BAD for a long time.

FYI from fourmilelake.ca

The hours of operation and access is posted on the signs at the public beach, and governed by By-Law 95-20 as amended:

"Boats may only be launched or landed as follows: Beginning the Friday before July 1st holiday between 7-9am and 6-9:30pm. Beginning August 1st to the Friday before Labour Day, between 7-9am and 12 to 1:30pm and 6-9:30pm"

Thanks a lot for your replies and tips guys!!! You're the best!!! I am looking forward to the trip there although it looks like I have to be careful with my new LUND there. Don't want to pedal all the way to LUND dealership after the trip :D