Presqu'ile Provincial Park

justinmch

The family and I are going camping at Presqu'ile this weekend. Fishing is not going to be a big part of the activities, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience fishing "the fingers" area of marsh to the northeast side of the park. It looks on a map as if it might hold some bass. If it sounds promising, we might take a canoe or small boat with electric motor.

Anyone been there before?

Thanks for the info on the shelves. I'll look for those.

Too bad no one knows anything about the fishing there.

I think I'll take both a canoe and a 12 ft with an electric and see what's there. "Adventures", when you don't know what to expect are fun.

we camped there a couple years ago for the weekend, theres a little creek you can check out for some perch, on the water around the lighthouse looked promising, tons of deer in the park but the beach really sucked, when we went they were dragging the beach and piling mountains of algae blooms every 20 feet, you couldn't see your toes in 2 inches of water and the beach stank, the park store is the best thing about the park, down the road is sandbanks ppk, great beaches, nice sites and if you walk the dunes early in the morn, bass 20 feet offshore just waiting for you, 40 minutes difference between parks but sandbanks stretch of water is so much nicer, the other park you would be better off fishing for deer

Theres a government dock on the east side of the road if you keep heading south through the park and into the residential area. Theres no launch there, but you could carry a canoe down there no problem. I was talking to a guy a couple of weeks ago who said he caught a bunch of big pike from the dock.

If you are looking for a launch nearby theres one at the bottom of Ontario St, thats the closest one to the park itself. im not sure if there is one in the park or not.

OK, back from the camping - a little wet.

Fished for only 1.5 hours in Presqu'ile Bay on Saturday afternoon. Perch, largemouth and smallmouth, but nothing to write home about. The Fingers have lots of cattail banks but very little weed growth and the water is super clear. In the main channel, there is a ton of weed growth. Looks like it would be great for pike.

The beaches on the spit do stink. The ones farther out on the island (picnic area) are a lot better.

Didn't see a single deer. I guess the cull must be working.