Kawartha Area?

Hello i did a search on shore fishing in the kawartha, i hear Gannon's Narrows, and Causeway (located on Chemong Lake) are good but weve never been there. We will be shore fishing are these spots good for the bush angler? Well be fishing our usual spots near Burleigh falls and Buckhorn, any one know if any of those spots are excessible for the shore angler, thnx, and what to expect?

TIA

Edited by urbanangler

Gannon's Narrows is quite the exciting place lately - OPP pulled 2 dead bodies out of there so far this month.

The causeway is usually pretty populated with shore anglers. I've heard rumours of mattresses being submerged in the area to snag lures, but that may be hot air. What I do know for sure is that a group of teenagers from the trailer park on the west side likes dropping stuff off the bridge onto passing boats. Ours got a bath 2 weeks ago, courtesy of the little :asshat:s. Keep an eye out for them, if you're going to try fishing the water under the bridge.

The causeway looks like it has some promise to me. Probably close to a km long, you can walk and fish both sides of it, park for free at the far end of it and theres a pretty decent tackle shop at the other end of it. (got my magic suick there). Lots of Carp too if that's your bag. Sorry though, no pike....