Walleye Report

uglyfish

well, get on the water guys and gals. the walleye are on FIRE rite now. both lake erie and the grand river are producing numbers and big fish rite now. got out on a few outtings so far. saturday i went out with fishmaster to lake erie, for my first try at some erie walleye. didn;t take long and we had a fish in the boat.

WalleyePerchjuly4th5th08005.jpg

was my best walleye to date, but short lived ;) the weather was perfect, the lake was flat as glass. we ended up goin 3 for 5 in about 2 hours of fishing. fish were taken in 65 feet of water, on gold and blue and silver worm harnesses, 20 feet down on jet divers 175'-200' back. marked a ton of fish out there.

nites catch.

WalleyePerchjuly4th5th08006.jpg

sunday i watched a ton of boats pull limits of walleye from the grand river, so, despite the heat and headache i had, i loaded up the boat and hit the water after work. went to my spot and wasn;t long before i had one on. went about 1.5lbs. shortly after, fish on. pulled in a solid 2-2.5 lber.

DSCF0344.jpg

slowed for a bit, changed up tactics, changed target species, then went back to my bread and butter bait. sure enough, it worked, pulled out my new PB walleye somewhere around the 4-4.5 lb mark. didn;t have my scale with me sadly. but i knew it was bigger then my previous best.

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

all river walleye were released. the spot i fished has produced me 7 fish in 3 times out, and only spent a couple hours total in the area fishing for walleye. all fish were caught casting a Perch color Big O in the large size.

my previous outting was with my son. we landed 2 nice walleye that day, that made a date with my frying pan. i;m tellin ya, the kid is a pro with the net, didn;t even tell him what to do and he had the net in the water and the fish inside it without even missing a beat!!

DSCF0343.jpg

DSCF0342.jpg

this is my first year actually targeting walleye, and i;d say i;m doin pretty good so far. once ya figure them out, its a blast. get out there and gets some while the bite is hot!

couple weeks back, took my gf and her daughter to dunnville for some fishing. got into the channel cats pretty good, with the little one catching 3 herself. in total 5 channel cats and 1 sheepie were caught.

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

DSCF0337.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0340.jpg

hope to see ya out on the river soon! fishmasters store has a good selection of crankbaits for the river and a ton of worm harnesses tied in some hot colors for the lake erie walleye!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant report. Looks like you figured those Grand River pickerel. I was just saying the other day. Perch colored and pearl white baby o's work great on the grand. I've even seen rainbows hooked on them. Those are some nice cats also. Fishmaster is the man for Erie.

Excellant report. Looks like you figured those Grand River pickerel. I was just saying the other day. Perch colored and pearl white baby o's work great on the grand. I've even seen rainbows hooked on them. Those are some nice cats also. Fishmaster is the man for Erie.

definetly true

first time on the grand this year, heard was was hot..

threw out a white pearl norman crank within 3 minutes, pickeral in the boat

then i put on a perch shad rap

BAM

2 fish in less than 10 mins