boat / canoe seats

goodtimer

I need a seat that can fit any aluminum bench seats and also use in a canoe. Just wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions to which one to get, and maybe if I need to stay away from a certain one. I'm finished with spending days on the water without a proper backrest!

So far this one looks like my best bet - SEAT

it doesn't look like there's any straps to affix it though? not sure how much support it would give.

That is commonly referred to as a "stadium seat", or a seat you would take to a ball game(be it football, soccer, baseball, etc.).

I have one, and while you are sitting in it, if you do not shift around too much, it works just fine.

My bud has since made he and I plywood seats with backs that are collapsible, with styrofoam pads held on by Tuck Tape.

I do NOT use it in the canoe though. I bought the $18 Coleman collapsible seat backs for the canoe, along with the foam seat cushions you would buy for hunting(orange one side, camo the other).

Whatever you chose, your back will love you for it.

If you're gonna fish for 4hrs or more you have to be comfortable. I use these padded boat seats mounted on quick releases for my canoe. They are very comfortable but you'd have to install the quick release mounts wherever you intend to use them.

manna.jpg

My bud has since made he and I plywood seats with backs that are collapsible, with styrofoam pads held on by Tuck Tape.

Got any pics of these? I would prefer to make my own but not sure what to do design wise. I need them to easily switch between boats as I usually rent an aluminum.

If you're gonna fish for 4hrs or more you have to be comfortable. I use these padded boat seats mounted on quick releases for my canoe. They are very comfortable but you'd have to install the quick release mounts wherever you intend to use them.

manna.jpg

Those look good and comfy, nice setup. If I had my own boat/canoe I'd go this route but no can do. tjsa says his stadium seat does the job so I'll probably end up makin my way to bass pro shop... nonetheless an excuse to go shopping at bass pros!

No, no pics of them, but my bud is a journeyman carpenter. He can whip this kind of thing off in 4 hrs.(me 4 days).

Stick with the stadium seats if you are renting boats/canoes.

When you purchase your own boat/canoe, if you do not have to carry it too far, go with what jediangler did.

We sometimes have a 20 min. walk in, and I put the seat of the canoe on my shoulders. If the base for that seat was there, I couldn't do that, hence we use the Coleman seat backs.

Heck, we sometimes leave them on when transporting over portages, they are usually not in the way, they just hang there.

They do not work on boats though.